Our School Council comprises of four committees which align with our four school outlooks. These include:
- The Global Committee
- The Creative Committee
- The Healthy Committee
- The Enterprising Committee
The councils meet regularly to discuss a whole range of issues which reflect the needs of the children in the school and to research possible projects that the council can lead on. The children are encouraged to view themselves as active citizens who can share ideas and inform the change process in their school.
Recent projects have included:
- The Enterprise Committee organised a cake stall to raise funds in aid of DEF (supporting the Ukrainian crisis).
- The Creative Committee organised a ‘Design a Crown’ competition and judged the crown parade as part of our Jubilee celebrations.
- The Healthy Committee led our opening dance routine during School Games Week as well as helping to organise a fun run to raise funds for DEF.
- The Global Committee were instrumental in involving the whole school to raise funds to support people affected by the crisis in the Ukraine. Additionally they have organised ‘The Big Battery Hunt’ to promote the recycling of batteries.
Judging the Crown Competition