Our School Aims
AIMS AND VALUES OF OUR SCHOOL
At The John Harrox Primary School we believe that everyone has the right to feel safe, secure and happy within our community. Above all, we encourage our children to be:
|Caring||for each other and their school|
|Conscientious||at all times|
|Considerate||to others in everything they do|
|Co-operative||the success of our whole Community is based on us all learning to work together to create a high quality learning environment.|
In addition we aim to:
- To create a warm, happy, caring, secure supportive and stimulating environment in which children can develop and learn and build upon their first hand experiences.
- To foster the individuality of each child and help them to be as independent as possible enabling them to be life long learners.
- To encourage positive behaviour and attitudes coupled with high personal standards and pride.
- To provide as wide a range of experiences as possible to allow each child to develop socially, emotionally, physically, aesthetically and intellectually.
- To provide a firm foundation in all areas of the curriculum and ensure that children are given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- To ensure that all children are given equal access to all areas of the curriculum, regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, social background or ability.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with parents so that we may continue the development started at home.
- To ensure that parents are kept regularly informed of their child's progress and are encouraged to participate in the life of the school.
- To ensure that members of staff are given the opportunity to continually review and develop their professional expertise so that children will receive a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum.